MAKE BEATS. GO DEEP.
Patterning 2 is the next generation of the award winning circular drum machine. Create beats like never before in a fun, intuitive interface that is both easy to use and deep with features for the experienced producer.
Make dynamic beats with the swipe of a finger. Quickly record patterns and parameter movements. Use Patterning’s independent loop settings to explore rhythmic possibilities impossible to achieve in traditional sequencers. Automate and randomize parameters to create intricate & complex beats. Arrange patterns on the timeline to construct songs. Use the built-in effects to add atmosphere, shimmer and noise. Export patterns directly to Ableton Live or connect to other instruments with MIDI. Download hundreds of free factory and user-created drum kits for use in your own songs.
WHAT’S NEW in Patterning 2 :
• Recording Beats & Automation
• Drum Kit Switching
• Randomize (Almost) Everything
• Next Generation Ratcheting
• Coarse Tune & MIDI Note Quantization
• Quantized Pattern Launch
• Sample Folders
• Loop Rotate
• Pattern Tempo Changes
• Divide Mode Measure Length
• New Automation Layers
• Ableton Link Start/Stop
• MIDI Learn Recording
• MIDI Drum Triggering
• MIDI Only Tracks
• Custom MIDI CC Outputs
• MIDI Gate Length, Pitch Bend, and Transpose Automation
• Import Songs and Drum Kits from version 1.
• Under the Hood Performance Improvements
• Workflow Enhancements
• And more…
Other Key Features:
• Download hundreds of free factory and user-created drum kits.
• Export directly to an Ableton Live Set or perfect audio loops.
• Deep integration with MIDI for controlling and being controlled by hardware gear.
• Sync with Ableton Live and other apps using Ableton Link.
Patterning was named Runner-Up for App Store App of the Year (iPad) in 2015.
Praise for Patterning : Drum Machine :
“Patterning is brilliant; beautiful to look at, so very clever in terms of the programming options and, as far as I’m aware, unique as a drum/rhythm programming environment” - MusicAppBlog
“Patterning is an amazingly fun and creative app …The look, feel and layout are all first rate and the sounds are excellent. Even beginners will be able to create something that sounds cool, and more experienced users will be able to put together some amazing beats complete with automation and per-drum settings the likes of which you usually need a full DAW setup for.” - AskAudio
“I had thought all my iOS drum box desires were satisfied, but I was wrong. There’s room for another and this is it. Patterning has many unique strengths, and beats any hardware drum machine when it comes to polyrhythms and evolving patterns. It’s as mesmerizing to watch as it is to listen to.” - Sound on Sound
Requires 64 bit iPad.
Languages : English
• Unique circular sequencer with independent settings for each loop in each pattern. Create poly-metric and poly-rhythmic beats like never before.
• Variable loop lengths from 1 to 512 steps.
• Step durations from a thirty-second note up to a whole note, with dotted notes and triplets along the way.
• NEW : Next generation ratcheting with unique “ratchet decay” setting for creating textural rolls and fast subdivisions of the beat.
• NEW : Quantized pattern launching. Launch a pattern on the next down beat, nearest 32nd note, 16 measures in the future or anywhere in between.
• Get wild with loop modes : Forwards, Reverse, Urn (random without repeating), and two Pendulum modes.
• Auto-Rotate feature spins the loop after each rotation to create evolving rhythms.
• NEW : Change a loop’s starting point with the new loop rotate feature. Nudge loops slightly off the grid or rotate by subdivisions of a step.
• NEW : Updated Divide mode allows you to explore exotic polyrhythms like 7 against 11, 35 against 36, or even 3 against 4. New in version 2 is the ability to change the measure length of divide mode.
• NEW : Attach tempo changes to patterns to change up the pace. Slide gradually to the new tempo or jump immediately to it.
• 64 bits of sample velocity sensitivity. (That’s a lot of sensitivity!)
• Draw and erase tools.
• Special “Pen Echo” mode for quick entry of repeating patterns.
AUDIO & ABLETON LIVE EXPORT
• Easily export multitrack or stereo audio files from Patterning.
• Export directly to an Ableton Live Set with individual tracks for audio and MIDI. Includes a free copy of Ableton Live Lite! Get the download link from the Export window.
DRUM KITS & SAMPLES
• NEW : Dynamically swap drum kits, changing samples and settings when a Pattern changes.
• NEW : Download 100s of free factory and user generated drum kits with Cloud Kits. New kits are being added all the time!
• NEW : Organize samples into folders.
• NEW : Create your own kits and export them to share with other Patterning users via Cloud Kits.
• Easy import your own samples with Dropbox, Audioshare, Files, or iTunes File Sharing.
• NEW : Randomization of instrument parameters.
• NEW : Quantized Coarse Tuning for easy melodic compositions. Works with randomization for randomly generated melodies.
• Sample start and end times.
• Sample gain.
• Attack, hold, decay envelope for shaping the amplitude of your sounds.
• Coarse and fine tuning.
• 2 choke groups.
• Multimode filter with variable resonance and cutoff frequency.
• Delay and reverb sends.
• Mute / Solo
• Track Volume
• Amazing visualizer!
• Automation layers for animating track parameters : coarse and fine tuning, effects sends, panning, filter frequency and resonance, probability, and envelope settings.
• NEW : Automate Parameter Randomization Amount.
• NEW : Ratchet Count and Ratchet Decay automation.
• NEW : Automate MIDI CCs. MIDI Gate Length, MIDI Pitch Bend, and MIDI Note Transpose.
• NEW : Automation Record toggles on when recording is enabled.
• NEW : Record automation using MIDI controllers.
NEW : RECORDING & MIDI INPUT
• NEW : Record Pads allow you for recording patterns.
• NEW : Overdub while recording to add parts one at a time.
• NEW : Assign a MIDI controller to pads to play Patterning with using an external controller or to record.
• NEW : Metronome
• NEW : Quickly clear patterns or loops.
• Use MIDI Learn to control Patterning with external MIDI devices. Customizable MIDI mapping to parameter ranges.
• Fill the timeline with patterns to create songs.
• Seamlessly toggle timeline on and off during playback.
• Loop mode for endless pattern sequences.
• Double tap to jump to a block in the timeline.
• Time signature and snap settings for maximum flexibility.
• Multiple selection in timeline for quick duplication and editing.
• Digital Delay with feedback filter.
• Tempo sync & free delay time modes.
• 3 band EQ.
• Unique distortion unit.
• Instrument MIDI settings allows maximum flexibility for ports, channels, and pitch.
• NEW : MIDI Note Quantization for easy melodic sequencing.
• NEW : MIDI Note / MIDI Note Transpose automation.
• NEW : MIDI Pitch Bend Automation.
• NEW : Create MIDI CC automation lanes.
• NEW : MIDI Note Length automation. Lengths longer than 100% are tied to successive notes to make longer MIDI notes.
• Rock solid MIDI clock sync receive and send.
• NEW : Audio/MIDI/Both setting to configure instrument output.
• NEW : MIDI Settings are now accessible on the main PATTERN screen.
• Import MIDI settings for quick MIDI mapping templates.
• Master or individual track outputs for processing in IAA host apps like AUM and Audiobus.
• Inter-App Audio clock sync and transport via the main IAA port.
• Use Ableton Link to sync Patterning to other devices or apps wirelessly. It's like magic!
• NEW : Link Start/Stop Support
• NEW : Link Quantum Setting for configuring start/stop timing.